jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: backporting some performance fixes
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:28:05 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Marcel Reutegger
<marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> I'm aware we have a bug fix only policy for branches, but I hope we
> can soften it for the 1.4 branch. Most users should have migrated to
> our current release branch 1.5 anyway.

This would be similar to what we did in the 1.3.4 release [1]. I think
it's fair to relax the release policy on old maintenance branches once
a more recent minor version is out.

However, to avoid making a mess of the release graph I'd only consider
doing such releases from old maintenance branches when there is a
major reason why an upgrade to a more recent version is not possible.
That seems to be the case here.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/sckb52pwfl4z5zg2

BR,

Jukka Zitting