jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 1.5.4 release plan (Was: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.5.3)
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:13:55 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> PS. Note that there was another deadlock case detected in relation to
> the JCR-1979 fix. But since the original JCR-1979 bug is still fixed
> it's good to push the 1.5.3 release out as it is. I'll be posting a
> 1.5.4 release candidate next week as soon as I've got a fix to the
> follow-up issue JCR-2000.

As mentioned above, I'm planning to do a 1.5.4 release next week. The
driving issue for the release is JCR-2000, but let me know if you have
other fixes in mind that didn't make it in 1.5.3 and should be
released.

However, I'd like to only include minimum risk fixes in 1.5.4 as 1.5.3
was quite heavily tested and I don't want to invalidate those tests
for 1.5.4 by making too many changes. We can do a 1.5.5 later if there
are bigger fixes to be included.

BR,

Jukka Zitting