jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.5.3 release plan
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:30:38 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Dan Diephouse
<dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:
> Do I have a choice? :-)

In fact you do. On a few occasions we have bended the release policies
a bit in cases like yours where an external product release depends on
some specific feature in Jackrabbit.

So we could consider doing something like this also in 1.5.3. However,
we should put extra care in reviewing the full impact of the change.
I'd like to hear especially from Marcel, who knows the query system
best.

Another alternative is to speed up the schedule for 1.6, which we
could also do based on demand for the new features. However, your
schedule seems to be pretty tight for that to be a realistic option,
as a Jackrabbit minor release has typically taken from a few weeks to
a a few months of preparation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting