jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Jackrabbit parent POM version 2
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 13:01:07 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> The pom contains umlauts (öü). The previous pom used oe / ue. I
> suggest to keep using oe / ue to avoid problems.

The POM is normally read by XML parsers that should have no trouble
with UTF-8. Sticking with plain ASCII is still probably marginally
safer, but given the low risk of problems I'd rather opt for accuracy
than safety.

PS. I left David's name with "ue" as he pretty consistently uses that
form online. Other people with umlauts in their names keep the umlauts
in email's etc, and I think it makes sense to use the same form also
in the POM.

BR,

Jukka Zitting