jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: CMIS / Camaieu
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:46:00 GMT
On Feb 25, 2009, at 9:40 AM, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2009, at 12:49, Angela Schreiber wrote:
>> Florent Guillaume wrote:

>>> Thanks, it's good to know.
>>> Would you say that an english-speaking German (or Swiss) hearing
>>> about "cloudmist" would have definitive negative feelings, or
>>> just that he would be amused at the double-meaning, or would not
>>> care or not notice?
>>
>> for me it doesn't sound promising at all... i thought that
>> was by intention ;)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Following this valuable input, we've renamed the project to Apache
> Camaieu.
> You'll find it at http://hg.nuxeo.org/sandbox/apache-camaieu

Sorry, I know this is in some interim state, but you cannot call
something Apache X if X isn't being actively managed by the Apache
Software Foundation, hosted on our infrastructure, and subject to
all of our processes.  The "Apache" name can only be added after
it is adopted by an Apache project, whether that be Jackrabbit or
the Incubator.

....Roy