jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Takahiro OGAWA <og...@brainsellers.com>
Subject Re: InvalidItemStateException on clustering jackrabbit
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 02:16:15 GMT
Hi, Alexander and Marcel .
Thank you for reply.

Alexander Klimetschek  wrote:

>> But Yesterday, I found JCR-1940, it is still opened...
>>

> I couldn't see any obvious problems in your repository.xml. That
> exception is "normal", see my comment on that issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1940
>

>> ...If there is no measure, we have to add some codes to catch this Exception
>> and retry after a few random seconds.
>> But I think it should be the last measure.
>>

> Yes, your code has to be able to handle such exceptions. Have a look
> at the javadocs of the save() methods for more information.

Ah.. InvalidItemStateException in that case is a Checked Exception
 and should be managed by application, I understand.

I mistaked to concern only with environments and settings.
(partly because I am a test engeneer now...)

Ok. Now we understand what to do. Thank you.

Marcel Reutegger wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
> <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, your code has to be able to handle such exceptions. Have a look
>> at the javadocs of the save() methods for more information.
>>

> alternatively, you can use locking to prevent concurrent modifications.

Hmmm... You mean application level locking system by our codes?
 or use of ISMLocking?

...But it is better for me to check JCR API first.
Thank you for your suggestion.

----
Takahiro OGAWA <ogawa(at)brainsellers.com>
<http://www.brainsellers.com/>