jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Working on CMIS
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:07:20 GMT
Hi Florent,

this looks like an interesting project! It would be nice if you could at some point in time
give some more details about your proposed architecture. Is this following the guideline David
presented at the CMIS TC meeting? Meaning is there a common abstraction layer hiding the protocol
specific bindings? Will this be only server or server and client?

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Florent Guillaume [mailto:fg@nuxeo.com]
Sent: Samstag, 7. Februar 2009 01:57
To: dev@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Working on CMIS

Hi all,

I'm from Nuxeo, and we plan on working a lot on CMIS in the coming
months.

We're very interested in the young but promising ideas embodied in the
current jcr-cmis sandbox, because we plan on offering CMIS bindings on
top of our current repository (Nuxeo 5.2). We'll be using and
contributing to the API+client parts of the jcr-cmis project very
soon, and I wanted to announce this to you first.

Nuxeo has been using Jackrabbit as one of its underlying content
storage for quite some time, and we're quite familiar with it. However
for the time being our area of focus will not be the CMIS-to-JCR
(server) part, but the building of a complete Java API and model for
CMIS, and the bindings of AtomPub and SOAP to it. Internally we'll be
writing a binding from the Java API to our Nuxeo Core API.

I'm not yet an Apache committer so our contributions will take the
form of patches for the time being.
I'll be floating ideas soon about code and stuff :)

Thanks,
Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo