jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Fard <maurice.f...@gmail.com>
Subject THe Searching and Indexing Policy of Jackrabbit
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:01:45 GMT

Hi,

I am using Jackrabbit to manage my repository. I would like to search
through data there but I don't know what is the policy of jackrabbit for
searching. I mean, "query string" is searched through indexes or it is
searched through data.
The second question I need to know: what is Jackrabbit policy for indexing
data? Does Jackrabbit perform indexing data automatically or it is
programmer duty to do that? and If it does indexing automatically when and
how Jackrabbit perform it.

Have Fun
Maurice