jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Schaefer <craig.schae...@prodyna.com>
Subject Re: OCM DTD resolution
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:25:44 GMT

I have had to write a parrallel implementation of DigesterDescriptorReader as
the JR OCM impl doesn't let me get at the Digester. It also means I have to
have a parrallel implementation of DigesterMapperImpl.

It would be good to refactor the JCR OCM code a bit to allow either
1) custom DigesterDescriptorReaders.  The code in
DigesterDescriptorReader#loadClassDescriptors needs to be split a bit to
call out to a hook method for the digester which can be over-ridden or which
in turn hooks out to get an EntityResolver if necessary.

2) a EntityResolver e.g. CatalogResolver, to be added to the
DigesterMapperImpl and therefore the delegated DigesterDescriptorReader
which would then need to attach  it to the digester upon instantiation

The parrallel impl works great ... I can cache the DTD files locally and
just let the CatalogManager.properties stored in the jar direct the Resolver
on where to find the Jackrabbit DTDs within the jar itself.