jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.5.0
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:45:34 GMT
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
> I was hoping that there was a way to search any attribute. I can of course
> do some hacks where as I concatenate the property values of all the
> attributes and put the string into a 'catchall' property, but i think such a
> search would be better handled in the indexing system.

A jcr:contains(., 'foobar') (using the dot ".") in JCR XPath is a
full-text search, ie. basically all properties and also the extracted
full-text from binary values of one node (see section 6.6.5.2
"jcr:contains Function" of the JCR spec [1]). You can configure the
search index what will be aggregated under a node, see [2] and [3].

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/IndexingConfiguration
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Search

Regards,