jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Files for binary properties
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:33:43 GMT
Hi,

Just recently there was a discussion about getting the unique
identifier for a binary value. I created an issue:

>    I am currently using the XMLPersistenceManager.

You should consider using a bundle database persistence manager. See
also http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ -
XMLPersistenceManager: If the JVM process is killed the repository
might turn inconsistent; Status: obsolete, mature

> Listed below is the code I've used to obtain file paths. One problem is
> that BLOBInResource does not have a getFileSystem() method - is there a
> reason for this?

BLOBInResource is not used if you use a data store. I would consider
using a data store. Unfortunately, you can't get the identifier from
the BLOBInDataStore. But using Jackrabbit internal classes directly is
anyway problematic as they change in future versions.

Regards,
Thomas