jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit board report draft
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:43:49 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>  We are considering to start a "JCR Commons" subproject for managing
>  the development and release of a number of our components that are not
>  tightly coupled with the Jackrabbit content repository implementation.

Some board members commented on the JCR Commons subproject, suggesting
that we might want to consider moving those components to the Apache
Commons project.

I'm not too excited about that idea given that even a separate mailing
list was seen as unnecessary splitting of our development efforts and
community. And quite frankly the dev@commons mailing list is really
hard to keep up with.

What sounds more interesting and something that I'd be interested in
pursuing is the "federated commons" idea that Henri Yandell blogged
about (see [1]) some while ago. I'll ping the Commons project for more
thoughts on this.

[1] http://blog.generationjava.com/roller/bayard/entry/the-open-and-federated-commons

BR,

Jukka Zitting