jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit board report draft
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:55:00 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good point, I totally missed that. Thanks!

Here's an updated version:

<draft>
Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

  We released Apache Jackrabbit 1.5.0 on December 8th.

  We also made the following patch releases from the 1.4 branch:
  * jackrabbit-core 1.4.6 on October 7th
  * jackrabbit-classloader 1.4.1 on October 2nd
  * jackrabbit-jcr-server 1.4.1 on September 30th

o Legal

  We use Google Analytics to track usage of our web site. We posted a
  privacy policy that mentions the Analytics use on our web site and
  continue to work with legal-discuss@ to resolve concerns that were
  raised about the use of Google Analytics.

o Community

  Claus Köll joined the Jackrabbit team as a committer and PMC member.

  The slump in community activity over late summer seems to be gone and
  we're back to normal levels of mailing list and commit activity.

  Based on interest to the CMIS implementation effort (see below),
  we have extended write access in our sandbox area in svn to
  all Apache committers.

  We are considering to start a "JCR Commons" subproject for managing
  the development and release of a number of our components that are not
  tightly coupled with the Jackrabbit content repository implementation.
  This subproject would keep using our existing mailing lists but would
  have its own web site (under http://jackrabbit.apache.org/commons/)
  and separate issue trackers and release cycles for each component.
  See http://markmail.org/message/qqlvlwpgi5oauak6 for more details.

o Development

  Development in trunk continues with post-1.5 features, and I expect us
  to release Jackrabbit 1.6 early next year. Jackrabbit 2.0 (and the JSR
  283 reference implementation) will probably be released later next year.

  A new sandbox component was started for an effort to implement the
  proposed Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification
  on top of a JCR content repository.

o Infrastructure

  We created a new Jira project (JCRCMIS) for the CMIS implementation effort
  and plan to create more assuming the JCR Commons subproject gets started.
  We've enabled wiki markup and the patch-available workflow in the JCRCMIS
  project. If these features work well, we will enable them also in our main
  JCR Jira project.
</draft>

BR,

Jukka Zitting