jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit board report draft
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:45:48 GMT
Hi,

Here's a draft of the quarterly report that I plan to submit to the
ASF board. Let me know if you have anything to add or modify.

<draft>
Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

  We released Apache Jackrabbit 1.5.0 on December 8th.

  We also made the following patch releases from the 1.4 branch:
  * jackrabbit-core 1.4.6 on October 7th
  * jackrabbit-classloader 1.4.1 on October 2nd
  * jackrabbit-jcr-server 1.4.1 on September 30th

o Legal

  We use Google Analytics to track usage of our web site. We posted a
  privacy policy that mentions the Analytics use on our web site and
  continue to work with legal-discuss@ to resolve concerns that were
  raised about the use of Google Analytics.

o Community

  Claus Köll joined the Jackrabbit team as a committer and PMC member.

  The slump in community activity over late summer seems to be gone and
  we're back to normal levels of mailing list and commit activity.

  We are considering to start a "JCR Commons" subproject for managing
  the development and release of a number of our components that are not
  tightly coupled with the Jackrabbit content repository implementation.
  This subproject would keep using our existing mailing lists but would
  have its own web site (under http://jackrabbit.apache.org/commons/)
  and separate issue trackers and release cycles for each component.
  See http://markmail.org/message/qqlvlwpgi5oauak6 for more details.

o Development

  Development in trunk continues with post-1.5 features, and I expect us
  to release Jackrabbit 1.6 early next year. Jackrabbit 2.0 (and the JSR
  283 reference implementation) will probably be released later next year.

o Infrastructure

  No issues at the moment.
</draft>

BR,