jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache JCR Commons
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:21:09 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> A separate Jira project for each of it? That somehow adds a lot of
> projects to Jira, which doesn't feel right to me. I would prefer a
> JCRCOMMONS project with each of the maven projects being a subproject.
> I know that this might be difficult for releasing the stuff, but some
> are IMHO just too small and have low activity for having their own
> top-level Jira project (eg. jackrabbit-classloader).

Managing separate release cycles within a single Jira project is quite
painful. Just look at the version fields in the SLING project for an
example. And that's just a single release per component so far...

The Apache Commons project has a separate Jira project for each
component and that setup works fine.

If a component is "too small" to even have it's own issues (!), then
there's not much point in even having such a component, is there? ;-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting