jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache JCR Commons
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:31:57 GMT

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the comments, keep 'em coming! Here's an updated
> version of the JCR Commons subproject proposal. This version should
> address most of the concerns and issues that were raised.

I plan to call a vote on the updated proposal next week.

Some minor tweaks:

a) I don't think we need a new "JCR Commons" category in Jira, we can
just put all the new projects under "Jackrabbit".

b) Would it make sense to merge the ocm and ocm-nodemanagement
components back together? The dependency issue should be covered by
setting the jackrabbit-core dependency to optional.

c) Here's a list of Jira project keys that I think we could use:

  * jackrabbit-parent / JCRPARENT
  * jackrabbit-jcr-tests / JCRTEST
  * jackrabbit-jcr-benchmark / JCRBENCH
  * jackrabbit-jcr-rmi / JCRRMI
  * jackrabbit-jcr-servlet / JCRSERVLET
  * jackrabbit-classloader / JCRCL
  * jackrabbit-ocm / JCROCM

d) Not strictly a part of this proposal, but somewhat related: We
could set up a new JCRSITE project in Jira for tracking issues related
to the Jackrabbit web site and other non-code issues that are not
bound to normal release cycles.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message