jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache JCR Commons
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:27:01 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> Well, I guess jcr-commons should really be part of the commons
> subproject, as it is supposed to help with the jcr api in general.

The jcr-commons component has a long history of being more a
collection of utilities for jackrabbit-core than a real standalone
collection of commons code. Perhaps it would make more sense to rename
the component to jackrabbit-util and just move the more recent stuff
under org.apache.jackrabbit.commons to the proposed new JCR Commons
subproject.

> And nothing could hinder us from using a snapshot dependency on
> jcr-commons in the trunk of core - we only have to take care and
> release jcr-commons before a new core release.

I would rather avoid doing that. We should IMHO only have SNAPSHOT
dependencies within components that are included in the same build.

BR,

Jukka Zitting