jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: jcr-cmis sandbox
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:59:07 GMT
Dominique Pfister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After having had a first look at the CMIS specification, I decided to
> start off with the jcr-cmis implementation. I therefore created a
> jcr-cmis sandbox with the following initial structure:
>
> jcr-cmis
> -- + server
> ---- + rest
> ---- + ws
>
> I intend to start working on the server/rest subtree (where the REST
> API binding will reside). Any comment/feedback and - even better :) -
> any contribution/participation on the the server/ws subtree
> (containing the Web Services Binding) are more than welcome!

I guess it'll be harder to find volunteers for the ws part :-)

Two thoughts:

1) At some point of time, we'll have to define a mapping from CMIS to
JCR (relatively simple) *and* the other way around (now that's harder).
So, how to map identifiers (types, paths), what to do with the CMIS
relation objects and so on. Should we start a design document (a text
file) for that, or would a Wiki work better?

2) I think that having a separate connector for CMIS in addition to
WebDAV should be avoided. We essentially would mint different HTTP URLs
for the same thing. So maybe not now, but at a later point of time it
would be good if we could merge the new functionality into the existing
WebDAV stack.

BR, Julian