jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: jcr-cmis sandbox
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 19:00:12 GMT
On Dec 2, 2008, at 5:15 AM, Dominique Pfister wrote:
> That's a good point. It makes no sense to have both bindings - REST
> and SOAP - translate their calls into JCR API, but rather have a
> generic CMIS to JCR adapter that can be plugged into either of the two
> binding implementations.

Okay, but let's do better than the initial CMIS specs and
stop calling it a REST binding.  REST is not a protocol.
Please just call it an AtomPub binding.

Also, I don't think we should implement any of the HTTP
extensions in the AtomPub binding -- they are neither
necessary nor desirable.  We should show the TC how to
implement it right, not just implement whatever they suggest.

View raw message