jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Cannot get full-text searching to work
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 22:13:20 GMT

I have scanned the forum for full-text searching and foound some useful hints
and how to implement it. Based on the hints provided, I created a query two
different queries:

  String query = "//*[jcr:contains(jcr:content, 'Test')]";
   String query = "//jcr:content[jcr:contains(., 'Test')]";

When the queries were executed,

        Query q = qm.createQuery(query, Query.XPATH);
        QueryResult res = q.execute();

I could not get any results back. Prior to searching, I printed the nodes in
the repository and there are more than one node where the jcr_content node
contains jcr:data property that contains the String "Test Content".

Am I over-looking something significant causing the results to come back
empty.
Here is a snippet of the print out of a jcr:content node:

Name= jcr:content type= ecr:ecisContentItem path=
/1228773767859/ecr:variant/jcr:content

jcr:uuid   4dae358b-e74e-421f-be97-943feddd7f01
jcr:data   Test Content
jcr:mimeType   text/plain
jcr:lastModified   2008-12-08T15:02:48.172-07:00
jcr:primaryType   ecr:ecisContentItem