jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.5.0
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:57:04 GMT

On 5 Dec 2008, at 21:37, Marcel Reutegger wrote:

> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>>
>> On 2 Dec 2008, at 23:45, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>
>>> * Simple Google-style query language. The new GQL query syntax
>>>   makes it very easy to express simple full text queries.
>>

>> How do I do a full text search, ie searching for something in _all_
>> attributes, with this new syntax? Or is this not possible atm?
>
> you simply type in a term. GQL will translate that into a
> jcr:contains() on the
> context nodes. though, I'm not sure if that's what you want...

You mean content nodes?

I was hoping that there was a way to search any attribute. I can of
course do some hacks where as I concatenate the property values of all
the attributes and put the string into a 'catchall' property, but i
think such a search would be better handled in the indexing system.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com