jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Müller" <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Workspace.copy() Question ...
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:11:26 GMT
Hi,

> extended the Value interface instead of InputStream.

That would work as well: JackrabbitValue.

> if we make it like you wrote ...
> every module must handle this internally.

Yes. The modules can use standard JCR event listeners, so they are
backward compatible and implementation independent.

> it would be much finer to handle this more generic with a proxy in front of 'modules'.
> such proxy could store the dataIdentifier/result and a module key and if we try
> to process a binary a second time this proxy could check this and return without calling
> the module a second time.

If you do that, you need to define a new API. Could you describe your
solution in more detail? Not all modules have the exact same
requirements, we should make sure the solution is flexible enough.

Regards,
Thomas