jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Opening up the sandbox (Was: jcr-cmis sandbox)
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:05:44 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:24 AM, David Nuescheler <david@day.com> wrote:
>> If there are existing Apache committers from other projects who'd be
>> interested in working on this, then we could simplify things by
>> opening write access in the Jackrabbit sandbox to all Apache
>> committers.
>
> looking at this list I already see Paolo as an "outside" apache committer.
> so i think this would be a great idea.

Good!

Any objections to this? I'll call a vote on the matter before making
any authorization changes, but please bring up any concerns or
objections already before that.

In the sandbox we have various bits of more or less experimental code
that are currently not targeted for release. It would be helpful to
lower the barriers for people to come together and work on such code,
and giving more people commit access is one way to do that. Existing
Apache committers already have a CLA on file and have demonstrated
enough merit so that we don't need to worry about things getting
messed up. As an informal rule I'd still expect external committers
who choose to commit to our sandbox to be subscribed on dev@ and to
follow at least the relevant parts of commits@.

BR,

Jukka Zitting