jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workspace.copy() Question ...
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:01:19 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> Currently we don't detect that the binary already exists when using
> the regular JCR API.

We do for things like workspace.copy(...) or
propertyA.setValue(propertyB.getValue()). The only case where we don't
do that is if people explicitly get the stream from a property and
assign that to a new property, i.e.
propertyA.setValue(propertyB.getStream()) (with proper closing of the
stream, etc.). I don't think that's a frequent (or even preferred) use
case and would rather avoid adding special stream semantics just to
cover such usage.

> With the DataStoreInputStream we could do that, and it would be backward
> compatible. The DataStoreInputStream should be part of the Jackrabbit API.

If we really do need to make such functionality visible to the users,
I would much prefer if we extended the Value interface instead of
InputStream.

BR,

Jukka Zitting