jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workspace.copy() Question ...
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:43:56 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
>> But what will you do in the case if you try to copy
>> a node internaly .. the datastore should know that he must not read the binary
>> to prevent extra read and write to the datastore.
>
> Exactly. The DataStore should also check if the InputStream is a
> DataStoreInputStream, so maybe it doesn't need to copy the binary:

IMHO we should (and currently do) handle that on a higher level, by
tracking the DataIdentifier in InternalValue.

The same goes for the proposed text extraction, virus scanning, etc.
extensions. The DataRecord interface is not a public API so we could
easily modify it to cover such needs. Using instanceof and overloading
the input stream is a hack.

BR,

Jukka Zitting