jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Get Indentifier of a Node
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:36:14 GMT
A node can be retrieved in two ways:
- from his identifier (UUID in JCR 1.0, String in JCR 2.0)
- from his path

The identifier approach has the advantage of not being changed
if the node is moved, but the node needs to has the mixin
mix:referenceable.

I think the method renaming has been introduced in JCR 2.0 for
not being tied anymore with an UUID but with a String which is
back compatible and more flexible (i.e. implementation does not
need to respect UUID standard).

Regards,

--
Sébastien Launay