jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From iapilgrim <iapilg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Indentifier of a Node
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:16:37 GMT

S├ębastien Launay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Node.getIdentifier() in JSR 283 is just the new method name for
> Node.getUUID() (which has been deprecated).
> But, from what i understand you want to retrieve a node from his
> identifier
> so you need to use Session.getNodeByUUID(String) (which is also deprecated
> and replaced with Session.getNodeByIdentifier(String) in JSR 283).
> Because these modifications are only method renaming, you already have
> this
> feature in JCR 1.0.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> S├ębastien Launay

Thanks Launay,
I want to use Session.getNodeByIndentifier.
As I know so far, when we use jcr 1.0, to get a Node, we can use
session.getItem or session.getNodeByUUID. That means an identifier of a node
can be path ( plus name) or its uuid ( if node is referenceable).
So what is the identifier of a node in JR?  Is it still a path ( and name)?
What are the new features of identifier in jcr 2.0 over one in jcr 1.0?
I think the new identifier is more natural than the old one and we leave
identifier management to JR. The developer only need to know the identifier
string. Am I right?
I found that SessionImpl (JR 1.4.6) has implemented getNodeByIdentifier but
the javadoc tell it's is used for JR 2.0? Could I use it? And How to use it?
Because I found no test cases for it.
Regard,
van