jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.5 release structure
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:20:07 GMT
Hi,

As a corollary to my previous message, I would also like to implement
the following changes:

* Binaries generated from the source release are still made available
both on the download page and the Maven repository, but we no longer
advertise each individual component for download. The download page on
our site will only feature the source release and "end user" binaries
like webapp and jca as well as a note saying that individual
components are available in the Maven repository.

* We remove the per-component source LICENSE and NOTICE files to avoid
confusion in comparison with the top-level files. We would still keep
the per-component files (in places like src/main/resources/META-INF)
that get included in binary artifacts.

* Similarly, we simplify the per-component README files to only
document the purpose of the component.

BR,

Jukka Zitting