jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 1.5 release plan
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:40:35 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any blocking concerns about the 1.5 release?
>
> JCR-1765 Config: make all elements in the security configuration
>                 optional
>
>> it's done with that but i didn't commit it yet.
>
> JCR-1783 JCR2SPI: incomplete changelog...
>
>> i am working on that right now.

OK, thanks for the update.

Since there are no major issues pending for 1.5, I would like to start
the branch tomorrow and target for the official release by the end of
this month. If you are working on issues (like the ones above) that
should be included in 1.5 but are not yet ready, just let me know and
I'll make sure that the relevant changes are included in the branch
before we make the release. By branching right away we can avoid
declaring a code freeze in trunk.

I will be doing a few preview builds of the 1.5 branch so everyone
will have a chance to test things and report back with any detected
issues. Assuming no blockers, I plan to roll the final release
candidate and start the official release vote on Monday, Oct 27th.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Mime
View raw message