jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: FineGrainedISMLocking
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:09:31 GMT
Hi Martijn,

when I wrote the FineGrainedISMLocking and used it instead of the default
implementation when running tests, it uncovered a couple of synchronization
issues within other parts of jackrabbit-core. those issues are all resolved. but
there might still be potential synchronization issues that we didn't uncover.

regards
 marcel

Martijn Hendriks wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are thinking about using the FineGrainedISMLocking strategy in a production environment
for performance reasons. The last comment on the related issue (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-314)
worries us, however. It says: "Please note that there are still some open synchronization
issues when using FineGrainedISMLocking!"