jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: how to Connect to the Repository
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:49:01 GMT
There are many ways, depending on the context ;-) But there is not
JSR170 way (you cite that it is "outside the spec").

To create a standalone Jackrabbit repository, use new
TransientRepository(), see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html

In all other use-cases, the repository is created by some server
instance (eg. the jackrabbit webapp package or a J2EE container, using
a resource configuration) that makes the repository available through
JNDI or RMI. The snippet from your mail is the client part of the JNDI
case. See also http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr-client-application-howto.html

Regards,
Alex

PS: Please post such questions (JCR API, Jackrabbit usage, etc) to the
users list, the dev list is used for Jackrabbit development.