jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From flopsi73 <flo...@flopsi.org>
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:51:34 GMT

Hello everybody,
i use an index configuration like this...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM
"http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.0.dtd">
<configuration xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0">
  <index-rule nodeType="nt:resource">
    <property>jcr:data</property>
  </index-rule>
</configuration>

...assuming that now only the jcr:data property of nt:resource nodes is
indexed. But debugging into Jackrabbit (e.g. setting a breakpoint in
NodeIndexer.addStringValue, which should IMO never be touched anymore, but
in fact is) makes me think still all properties of all nodes are indexed.

Looking at the code i also cannot find where 'Indexing rules defined for a
base type also apply to sub types'
(http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/IndexingConfiguration) is implemented.

So my questions are: Am i wrong in either configuration or interpretation of
code? Is the mentioned inheritance really implemented?

Thanx, best regards
Flo