jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Component releases, proposed solution
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:03:29 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> What about using a completly different versioning for the release, like
> jackrabbit 2008-07 or 1.4.200807 :) Or something completly different which
> keeps you free of using the same version numbers for core and the release
> itself.

Or we could use a different versioning scheme for the components...

Alternatively, how about if the modified component always got the top
level version number? That way we'd have gaps in the component version
numbers, but it would always be easy to correlate the component
version number with the top-level release that first contained it.

For example, for Jackrabbit 1.4 that would be:

* Jackrabbit 1.4.1, including core 1.4.1
* Jackrabbit 1.4.2, including core 1.4.2
* Jackrabbit 1.4.3, including jcr-commons 1.4.3 and jcr-rmi 1.4.3
* Jackrabbit 1.4.4, including core 1.4.4
* Jackrabbit 1.4.5, including core 1.4.5
* Jackrabbit 1.4.6, including core 1.4.6

BR,

Jukka Zitting