jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Adding event interface to jackrabbit api
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:37:26 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> what is now the prefered way? Extending the event interface or
> providing a marker interface for the event listener?

Whoever writes the patch gets to decide. :-)

The reason I prefer marking the event listener is that it simplifies
the client code a bit and potentially (not currently, but perhaps in
future) allows the repository to optimize event delivery as it has
better knowledge of what events a listener is interested in. But I
wouldn't object to the alternative if you think it's better.

BR,

Jukka Zitting