jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marcel Reutegger (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (JCR-1653) NodeIdImpl is not really serializable
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:09:37 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1653?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Marcel Reutegger resolved JCR-1653.
-----------------------------------

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: 1.5

- Turned the ItemId implementations into static classes
- Added PathFactory parameter to constructors where needed. ItemIds don't need the factory
anywhere else.
- Added serialVersionUID to NodeIdImpl and PropertyIdImpl
- Added test cases that check serializability
- Optimized ItemIdImpl.hashCode()

All tests in jackrabbit trunk ran successfully. I also successfully executed the tests in
sandbox/spi/client against an SPI-RMI server.

svn revision: 674024

Thank you for reporting this issue.

> NodeIdImpl is not really serializable 
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-1653
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1653
>             Project: Jackrabbit
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: jackrabbit-spi-commons
>    Affects Versions: 1.5
>            Reporter: Scott Cytacki
>             Fix For: 1.5
>
>         Attachments: jackrabbit-spi-commons-NodeId-Serializable-1.patch
>
>
> I've been trying to get jcr2spi - rmi - spi2jcr to work. 
> The error I'm seeing is reported as:
> java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.commons.identifier.IdFactoryImpl
> I believe I tracked this down.  It is because NodeIdImpl is implicitly referencing its
containing instance IdFactoryImpl which is not serializable.
> NodeIdImpl is attempted to be serialized, in my case, with the following stack:
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryService.getItemInfos(ClientRepositoryService.java:258)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.state.WorkspaceItemStateFactory.createNodeState(WorkspaceItemStateFactory.java:94)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.state.TransientISFactory.createNodeState(TransientISFactory.java:99)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.hierarchy.NodeEntryImpl.doResolve(NodeEntryImpl.java:972)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.hierarchy.HierarchyEntryImpl.resolve(HierarchyEntryImpl.java:95)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.hierarchy.HierarchyEntryImpl.getItemState(HierarchyEntryImpl.java:212)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.ItemManagerImpl.getItem(ItemManagerImpl.java:170)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.SessionImpl.getRootNode(SessionImpl.java:216)
> I think I must be doing something wrong, because it seems like this is a fundamental
problem with doing jcr2spi - rmi - spi2jcr, and looking at the SVN history I don't see how
this ever could have worked.  
> So either session.getRootNode() has never been tested using jcr2spi - rmi - spi2jcr,
or I've got something setup wrong.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message