jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Matej Knopp" <matej.kn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:51:19 GMT
What if you want to use C3P0 or commons dbcp or anything else for that
matter but you don't want to obtain it through JNDI because you use
spring/guice/hivemind or any other IoC container?

Or what if you don't use a IoC container at all, nor you deploy to an
application server but you still want to have connection pooling. How
do you deal with that?

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I think there is a misunderstanding. It is already possible to use
> data sources in Jackrabbit as described here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
> "As of Jackrabbit 1.4, the connection can be created using a JNDI Data
> Source as well. To do that, the driver class name must reference a
> javax.naming.Context class (for example javax.naming.InitialContext),
> and the URL must be the JNDI URL (for example
> java:comp/env/jdbc/Test)."
> I think this paragraph is hidden too much, I will add a title to it
> and add it to the FAQ as well.
>>> If you get database connection pooling in Jackrabbit without
>>> DataSources (using the aforementioned commons-dbcp for example), why
>>> do you need a explicit DataSource configuration inside the
>>> repository.xml then?
> I agree, if possible the data source configuration shouldn't be
> included in the repository.xml if not needed. And I don't see why it
> would be needed to use data sources.
> Regards,
> Thomas

View raw message