jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Repository locked by one server in clustered mode
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:10:20 GMT
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Balak Dev <balaforums@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are actually using JBoss DROOLS, which internally uses Jack rabbit.
>
> We have both of our managed servers [nodes] running on a single machine in a
> single domain.
>
> I have few more questions here:
>
> a) The repository cannot be shared. So does it mean that i need to have a
> seperate repository folder get created for each of the managed servers
> [nodes]. If yes, then where is that i need to mention about it.

Yes. You need a database persistence manager that is transactional,
which actually shares the data (see bottom of
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering). The FileSystem's can be
normal LocalFileSystem, because each node will store the separately.
You need a different repository home for each cluster node, including
a repository.xml that is typically the same except for the cluster id.
Usage of ${rep.home} and ${wsp.home} will give the FileSystems
different locations for each node and the PM configuration pointing to
a database will point to the database as the shared location for the
data.

> b) Or is it that i can have a single repository folder, but have different
> cluster configurations.
>
> eg:- <Cluster id="mnage_server_1">
>       </Cluster>
>
>       <Cluster id="manage_server_2">