jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: RMI vs. JNDI
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:08:26 GMT
Don't know about performance differences between of a pure RMI lookup
vs. a JNDI lookup (although JNDI is recommended, because it is the
standard in J2EE systems), but anyway it will only affect the *lookup*
of the Repository interface. Once you have done that in your startup
code, you'll never need to do a lookup again in your application. If
you do remoting, you will be using RMI starting from there, for
getting Sessions and doing all the JCR API calls.

Regards,
Alex