jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Klimetschek" <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: RMI vs. JNDI
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:55:48 GMT
Hi,

you misunderstand JNDI. It is just a directory service for looking up
objects, not a remoting protocol. RMI however is both a remoting for
Java (what you mean) and offers a simple way to address these remote
objects. JNDI is supposed to be a superior directory API, eg. it can
also address underlying RMI objects among other things. But only RMI
is a remoting interface which is available in Jackrabbit. Where did
you read about a performance difference?

Regards,
Alex