jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 5 in Jackrabbit 2.0?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:36:07 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Stefan Guggisberg
<stefan.guggisberg@day.com> wrote:
> i'd be ok with moving to java 5 if we get agreement in the jcr 283 eg
> to raise the system requirements as well.

I'll bring the issue up with the expert group. Basically, I see four options:

1) JSR 283 specifies Java 5 as the platform for JCR 2.0
2) JSR 283 allows the reference implementation to be Java 5 -based
even if the spec and the TCK are based on Java 1.4
3) We use Java 1.4 up to the point when the JSR 283 RI is branched,
and upgrade to Java 5 for the Jackrabbit 2.0 release (i.e. we wouldn't
use many Java 5 features in 2.0, but would open the door for more Java
5 stuff in other 2.x releases)
4) We stick with Java 1.4 for now

My personal preference would be option 2 or 3, depending on what the
JSR 283 EG thinks.

BR,

Jukka Zitting