jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR 283 Access Control and Jackrabbit 1.5 release
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:22:57 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Micah Whitacre <mkwhitacre@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was curious about the state of the new JSR 283 access control API
> and whether or not a form of it was guaranteed to be included in the
> 1.5 release?

Jackrabbit 1.5 will be based on the current trunk, so the current JCR
283 access control work will be included in the release.

However as you've noticed, we won't make promises about the stability
of the interfaces (except that the o.a.j.api.jsr283 will be removed in
Jackrabbit 2.0 :-) so the new access control stuff (like the other JSR
283 functionality) should be considered a development preview feature
in the 1.5 release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting