jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Board report draft
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:40:39 GMT
Hi,

Here's a draft of the quarterly report I plan to submit for the ASF
board meeting next week. Comments are welcome.

----

Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

  Since the last report we made a number of small component releases and
  one older maintenance release. The releases were:

  * March 26, 2008: jackrabbit-core 1.4.2
  * April 2, 2008: jackrabbit-jcr-commons 1.4.2
  * April 9, 2008: jakcrabbit-jcr-rmi 1.4.1
  * May 8, 2008: Apache Jackrabbit 1.3.4
  * May 8, 2008: jackrabbit-core 1.4.3
  * May 9, 2008: jackrabbit-core 1.4.4
  * June 9, 2008: jackrabbit-core 1.4.5

o Legal

  The license issue noted in the previous report (external party using our
  code without proper attribution) has been resolved.

o Community

  Esteban Franqueiro and Alexander Klimetschek became committers and
  PMC members of Apache Jackrabbit.

  Many members of our community attended ApacheCon EU and we also
  organized a free-for-everyone JCR community gathering along the conference.

o Development

  We are working towards Jackrabbit 1.5 in near future and Jackrabbit 2.0
  (and the JSR 283 reference implementation) later on.

o Infrastructure

  We switched to Hudson for our CI builds.

  We requested and got FishEye indexing for our codebase.

  The svn.eu.apache.org mirror is much appreciated as most of our
  committers are based in Europe.

----

BR,

Jukka Zitting