jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r666010 - in /jackrabbit/trunk: ./ jackrabbit-api/ jackrabbit-classloader/ jackrabbit-core/ jackrabbit-jca/ jackrabbit-jcr-commons/ jackrabbit-jcr-rmi/ jackrabbit-jcr-server/ jackrabbit-jcr-servlet/ jackrabbit-jcr-tests/ jackrabbit-jc
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:07:52 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> jukka@apache.org wrote:
>> -Copyright 2007 The Apache Software Foundation
>> +Copyright 2008 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> INAL but shouldn't this be a period of time, like 2007-2008 and not just the
> last year?

Hmm, yes. Now that I looked at the matter in more detail [1], it looks
like the year in the copyright notice should be the year of the "first
publication". Other years or a range should be used for substantial
modifications.

[1] http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode17/usc_sec_17_00000401----000-.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting