jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is job/contract posting considered spam? [WAS: Re: devs for fire]
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:42:29 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:
> For instance we are looking for people with Jackrabbit/JCR/Java experience
> and I guess everyone agrees that the Jackrabbit mailing lists are the best
> place for this. As said I am sorry if I might have violated some rule of the
> jackrabbit community and I am happy to accept if the Jackrabbit community
> doesn't want this, but nevertheless I would be interested to hear why this
> is considered to be bad?

I don't see anything wrong with job offers as long as they are related
to JCR and Jackrabbit and not too frequent. Especially when the
company behind the offer participates in the community (i.e. I don't
want to see nameless head hunters roaming around here).

That said, I understand if people prefer not to have job offers on
this list and won't object to a policy to ban them. My employer Day
has been hired a number of people in and around the Jackrabbit
community (me included), but those job offers have all been made in
private based on contacts made on this list and elsewhere.

If there's interest, we could perhaps create a LinkedIn group or some
similar tool for making it easier for companies to identify and
contact the JCR experts in this community who might be interested in
new job opportunities.

BR,

Jukka Zitting