jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Is job/contract posting considered spam? [WAS: Re: devs for fire]
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 08:04:19 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>...I don't see anything wrong with job offers as long as they are related
>>to JCR and Jackrabbit and not too frequent.
>> Especially when the company behind the offer participates in the community...
>>

>I was going to say that "in the good old Cocoon days", we used to
>allow occasional job postings with similar criteria than you suggest,
>*and* with a [JOB] marker in the subject line, *and* requiring
>off-list replies to keep the noise low.

makes sense to me

I would suggest the following addendum to
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

Guidelines for job and contract posting
---------------------------------------

If you are looking for developers to hire please make sure to respect
the following guidelines:

- The posting needs to be related to Jackrabbit/JCR
- Ask for off-list replies (in order to keep the noise down)
- Use a [JOB] marker within the subject line

WDYT?

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup