jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: JSR 283 and PrincipalProviders
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 06:57:28 GMT
hi micah

first of all: principal discovery and/or user management is not
covered by JSR 283 and left to the implementation.

what jackrabbit core currently does:
 > retrieve adminId and anonymousId from the config in order to
   initialize those users (if missing some internal default
   id value is used).
 > it's not meant that other users must be configured in the
   repository.xml
 > instead you should be able to obtain the UserManager from the
   JackrabbitSession in order to create additional users/groups
   as you need them.
 > the default principal provider obtains principals from
   the user manager.

> Looking through the code I
> came to the conclusion I'd need to write a PrincipalProvider that
> would support the multiple Principals with various names.  Is that a
> correct assumption?

see above. it's not required unless you want the principals
not to be obtained from the user manager.

> And running a test that calls RepositoryImpl.login(Credentials) gives
> me the following stack trace:

that's probably a bug. can you open an issue for that?

regards
angela