jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus" <cal...@gmx.net>
Subject Extend mimetype list of text extractors
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:25:43 GMT
Hi,

Do you think it would be possible to extend the mimetype list of the
MsPowerpoint and MsExcel textextractors with "application/powerpoint" and
"application/excel"? It just took me half an hour to find out why my
documents didn't turn up in a jackrabbit fulltext-search and maybe other
users might run into the same problem...

I`m not sure if there is some kind of standard which lists the possible
default mimetypes but after a quick google search it seems to me that they
are not that uncommon.

If you agree I would be happy to create a Jira issue and supply a patch.
Even though it would be just about two lines of code ;)

Best regards,
Markus