[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1571?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12595148#action_12595148 ] angela commented on JCR-1571: ----------------------------- hi julio first of all: i don't think that the
is sent by the JCR-server. i quickly tried it out having the attached test cases: test 1) creating a 'myTest' node -> save -> new session -> parent.hasNode should return true test 2) same as 1) by trying parent.hasNode without the node being created before. both work for me as expected... did i misunderstand your test? please let me know. test 1) log C-2-#022602 -> [PROPFIND /mytest/server/default/jcr%3aroot/testroot/myTest HTTP/1.1 ] C-2-#022671 -> [Depth: 1 ] C-2-#022681 -> [Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4= ] C-2-#022720 -> [User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0 ] C-2-#022764 -> [Host: localhost:5502 ] C-2-#022786 -> [Content-Length: 599 ] C-2-#022807 -> [Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8 ] C-2-#022846 -> [ ] C-2-#022848 -> [] C-2-#022887 -> [ [etypes xmlns:dcr="http://www.day.com/jcr/webdav/1.0"/> [cr="http://www.day.com/jcr/webdav/1.0"/>] S-2-#117910 -> [HTTP/1.1 207 Code 207 ] [...] test 2) log C-0-#013648 -> [PROPFIND /mytest/server/default/jcr%3aroot/testroot/myTest HTTP/1.1 ] C-0-#013717 -> [Depth: 1 ] C-0-#013727 -> [Authorization: Basic YW5vbnltb3VzOg== ] C-0-#013766 -> [User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0 ] C-0-#013810 -> [Host: localhost:5502 ] C-0-#013832 -> [Content-Length: 599 ] C-0-#013853 -> [Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8 ] C-0-#013892 -> [ ] C-0-#013894 -> [] C-0-#013933 -> [ [etypes xmlns:dcr="http://www.day.com/jcr/webdav/1.0"/> [cr="http://www.day.com/jcr/webdav/1.0"/>] S-0-#077856 -> [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found ] S-0-#077880 -> [Host: localhost:4302 ] S-0-#077902 -> [Connection: Close ] S-0-#077921 -> [Server: Communique Servlet Engine/4.0.2 ] S-0-#077962 -> [Content-Type: text/html ] S-0-#077987 -> [Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 08:26:54 GMT ] S-0-#078024 -> [Transfer-Encoding: chunked ] S-0-#078052 -> [ ] S-0-#078054 -> [65 ] S-0-#078058 -> [ ] S-0-#078079 -> [404 ] S-0-#078084 -> [ ] S-0-#078087 -> [Not Found ] S-0-#078098 -> [

] S-0-#078125 -> [Not Found ] S-0-#078136 -> [

] S-0-#078143 -> [ ] S-0-#078159 -> [ ] S-0-#078161 -> [0 ] S-0-#078164 -> [ ] S-0-Finished: 78166 bytes (3.0 kb/s) C-0-Finished: 14493 bytes (0.0 kb/s) > JCR Webdav Server doesn't support node.hasNode() method > ------------------------------------------------------- > > Key: JCR-1571 > URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1571 > Project: Jackrabbit > Issue Type: Bug > Components: sandbox > Affects Versions: core 1.4.2 > Environment: JDK 1.6; Tomcat 6; Windows 2003 > Reporter: Julio Castillo > Assignee: angela > Attachments: trace_JCR-1571.txt > > > I have a set up that uses the JCR Webdav Server from a custom remote client. > I've noticed one thing, anytime I request a node that doesn't exist the error that comes back from the server is as follows: > [Fatal Error] :1:941: The element type "HR" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "". > javax.jcr.RepositoryException: The element type "HR" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".: The element type "HR" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "". > Doesn't really make sense, but that is OK, I can handle that. > My problem: > I have a partially populated repository that at the root has a few nodes like > /edu/.... > /com/ibm/.. > So, I want to create a few nodes of type nt:folder under > com/myCompany/folder1 > I have no problem creating them, but since "com" already exists I end up with > com[2]/myCompany/folder1. > So, I went ahead and used the parentNode.hasNode("folderName") method. > This method returns true for the "com" portion, but when I test for the "myCompany" folder which should return false I get the error response shown above from the server. > The webdav request looks as follows: > PROPFIND /jackrabbit/server/default/jcr%3aroot/com/myCompany > The snippet of code looks as follows: > private Node createFolders (Session session, Node parentNode, List folders) > throws RepositoryException { > Node folderNode = null; > for (String folder : folders) { > if (parentNode.hasNode(folder)) > folderNode = parentNode.getNode(folder); > else > folderNode = parentNode.addNode(folder, "nt:folder"); > parentNode = folderNode; > } > session.save(); > return (folderNode); > } -- This message is automatically generated by JIRA. - You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.