jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject extending the jackrabbit-api
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 19:48:16 GMT
as the implementation of the new features for jsr283 have started, i
suggest to put the new jsr283 interfaces to jackrabbit-api instead to
core (where possible). this way, we can already figure out
inter-module dependency issues and people can start using experimental
features through an API than rather through casting objects to core

suggestion: use 'org.apache.jackrabbit.api.jsr283' as base package for
the new jsr283 interfaces and classes.

for example, use
for the future javax.jcr.nodetype.NodeDefinitionTemplate

once jcr2.0 is released, we can either extend them from the 'real'
interfaces or just drop them. in any case it might make sense to mark
them as deprecated from start.

regards, toby

View raw message