jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad OOTB experience with 1.4
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 08:08:31 GMT
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:

> ...Sling is a great option - but if you just want to do a simple hello
> world with Jackrabbit, it feels strange to me to have to go to a different
> place first....

Sure - if you know what you're doing, starting directly with
Jackrabbit is perfectly fine.

I'm just assuming that some people are downloading Jackrabbit just to
find out what JCR does, without having decided what tool/framework
they'll use.

Pointing those to Sling for their first steps might help them
understand the benefits of JCR more quickly, due to Sling's easier to
use http and scripting interfaces to JCR.

It's not about pitching one project against the other, the scopes are
very different - I'm just suggesting more cross-linking to give people
more options.

-Bertrand